Gartner just announced their latest research on mobile phone sales. Here are some of the highlights
- Q1 2008 worldwide sales – 294.3 Million
- Growth in emerging markets [Asia/Pacific, Latin America] and slowdown in mature ones [US, Europe, Japan]
- Nokia maintains market leadership with 39.1% market share
- Motorola woes continue – share drops from 18.4% to 10.2%
- LG and Samsung capitalize on Motorola’s challenges.
The entire press release is located here and is very informative. If you are in the mobile software/hardware business, I’d strongly recommend you check it out.
Michele Pike | July 17, 2008 | Flash Industry Info